Wednesday 13 June 2007

Turtles and Koalas last days Downunder

12 August - 22 August, 2006 PART 3

Well needless to say everyone was fairly tired and hung over after the Engagement party. Kerrie, John, Dad, Kame and I were the troopers and stayed up till about 2am drinking gin and joking on the deck. There were a few sore heads the next morning, except for Kame who miraculously never gets hangovers. This really impressed Mum and Dad who battle to get any of us up before noon especially to help clear up after parties. I knew I had made the right decision in accepting Kames marriage proposal, when, by the time I dragged myself out of bed, he had not only finished helping clean up everything but also promptly made me a huge cup of coffee. Sooo spoilt.

That night Christian came and picked us up and we went to The Fox hotel for Kerrie's 29th birthday. After that Chris and I took Kame to The Beat, where Chris and I used to hangout at in our youth when we were into techno. Kame got to experience his first gay club and also the ordeal of trying to catch a cab home in Brisbane on a Sat night.



We finally arrived back at Ferny Hills just in time to see Kev and Rachael off as they headed to Cairns. Mum and Dad should have had their own personal express lane to Bris Airport, as the next morning Leanne was off to Europe. Followed by Kame who headed back to Japan on the Tuesday and myself back to Japan via Korea on the Wednesday. Kame spent his last 2 days doing some last minute shopping and seeing the sites of Brisbane. He definitely had a great time and keeps talking about going back to live in Ferny Hills with Mum and Dad someday. Hmmm ...no offence Mum and Dad but I might have to get my own pad a bit closer to the city. I promise you guys and Kame can visit sometimes.

No comments: